I love the view coming back over Gummer’s How looking down onto Lakeside. It’s a corner of the world that I have been coming back to since a tiny thing with my parents. In fact my father recently told me that when he brought his old clinker built boat up from the south coast it came up by train to Lakeside where it was lifted off by a crane and launched at the slipway you can see in this shot. He then rowed it down to the Swan where he kept it until he arranged a mooring in front of the old boathouse at Fell Foot across on the other side of the lake.
recently on ….
what we’ve been looking at …
- @xavierfont I got a distinction in my first module for the MSc at UHI. Will be a slow process part time but I am on my way! 4 years ago
- @airmauritius please don't deport Yashika. Let her finish her A levels. BA refused to fly her. So can you. 4 years ago
- 5 Easy Ways to Work Smarter, Not Longer | Inc.com inc.com/erik-sherman/5… 4 years ago
- View from Lews Castle Grounds, great dog walking with a view of SY harbour. http://t.co/hWhdXkuEL4 4 years ago
- @xavierfont would be keen to be back with you guys in the future when the "stars align" I'll be there! 4 years ago